I’m an IBM i with over 20 years of experience in IBM i and its predecessors, in design, development, analysis, new applications, maintenance, systems administration, in RPG-ILE and all its predecessors, and in COBOL, of course CL programming.
I organized courses with a series of topics for AS/400 programming. The AS/400 was the great-grandfather of the IBM i on Power. A lot of programmers and operators call this new machine an “AS/400”, because IBMi runs all the programs without code changes or even recompiling the source. IBM has been real good at preserving your investment in your existing code and application base, but not so great at getting IBM shops to get up to speed.
Not your grand-daddy’s RPG. Many of us think it should be renamed.
Well, that’s me. I was also a full-time missionary supported completely independently from donations from home and from the “field” itself, and those activities are the most fulfilling memories I have. Love helping other people. Now I have obligations to take care of, I owe, therefore I work.
But I’m fortunate to have worked on the best operating systems ever that I know of, the IBM i and its parents.
- The 6-year old IBM i community (myibmi.wordpress.com)
- Major projects at the detail level (infosmarts.wordpress.com)
- IBM Power Systems with IBM i: Comparing Performance of IBM i 6.1 and IBM i 5.4 with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 (White Paper) (ibm.com)
- RPGIV: Cycle or not? In-line code or subroutines? Is anybody still asking this? (myibmi.wordpress.com)
- Chris Heim and Phil Soran Accept Board Positions at Help/Systems, LLC (prweb.com)
- COBOL to Java Transformation Now Supported on IBM z/OS and System z (prweb.com)
- Introducing WebSphere eXtended Transaction Runtime version 2.1 (ibm.com)
- Recommended: Locking Down WordPress (vaultpress.com)
- 10 Most Common WordPress Errors (With Solutions) (hongkiat.com)
- 17 Must Have WordPress Plugins (diyblogger.net)
- WordPress Issues (renardmoreau.wordpress.com)
- Making Sweet Music with WordPress 3.3 (firstrate.co.nz)